Advent means “coming” or “arrival.” This is a time of year where, as Jesus followers, we celebrate the birth of Christ in His first advent and anticipate, and await, the return of Christ in His second advent. Here in advent, we find ourselves positioned in the middle of the great story of redemption, the great story of God.
Here are some resources to help you orient your lives around the story of God this Advent:
- Advent Daily Offices – a resource from New Life Church in NY that provides multiple readings daily to structure your day around Scripture. Great time to get into a new habit of daily offices.
- The Common Rule Advent Edition – I’ve loved tracking with The Common Rule and it has helped me develop some habits that form me around the gospel. They put out an awesome resource to help you develop 4 new daily habits. They have daily readings as well.
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift – Great family resource if you have older kids. You could pair this with a Jesse Tree for a more interactive experience.
- The Wonder of the Greatest Gift – with a six and a three year old, we’ve been using this daily during the Advent season for a few years. The readings are short and the interactive element is great for younger kids. Would compliment Unwrapping the Greatest Gift well if you have older kids as well as younger kids.
- The Greatest Gift – if you want to dive into something on an adult level, Ann Voskamp’s The Greatest Gift is the perfect place to start.